на Admiral Makarov National University of Shipbuilding in Mykolaiv is a higher education institution which trains specialists for the shipbuilding and allied industries of Ukraine. The university is named after the Russian admiral, Stepan Makarov, who was born in the city.
- The Institute of Shipbuilding. Departments are:
- Structural mechanics, fluid mechanics, hull construction, maritime technologies, ship theory and design, and shipbuilding technology.
- The Institute of Computer, Engineering and Technological Sciences (faculty of technology). Departments are:
- Faculty of technology, welding engineering, design and production of composite materials, material sciences and technology, computer science faculty, automated system software, project management, и, information system and technologies.
- The Institute of Mechanical Engineering. Department (faculty of power engineering). Departments are:
- Conditioning and refrigerating, marine and stationary power plants, thermal physics and steam-generating units, turbines, mechanics and ecology, internal combustion engines, ecology, marine mechanical engineering technology and mechanics and mechanical engineering.
- The Institute of Automatic Control and Electrical Engineering. Departments are:
- Computer assisted control systems, ship electrical equipment and information security, electrical power systems, automatic control engineering, theoretical electrical engineering and electronic systems, impulse processes and technologies, и, marine instrument engineering.
- The Institute of Humanities. Departments are:
- Theory and history of the state and law, law, applied linguistics, social studies and humanities, modern languages, design, Olympic and professional sports theory, и, physical training and sports.
- The Institute of Extramural and Distant Learning, (faculty of mobile technologies). Departments are:
- Theoretical mechanics, engineering graphics, life safety and civil defence, natural sciences, higher mathematics, physics, и, philosophy and cultural studies.
- Power engineering
- Mobile technologies
- Engineering and economics